I watch a lot of television shows and films. When I watch I never think of who is behind the whole production. I never think of "the man" that is behind it all. When watching new shows or films all that is really going through my head is if I love it or hate it.
One of my favorite shows on television right now is Game of Thrones. Ben Wyatt (Parks and Recreation character/fan) describes it perfectly, "it's a crossover hit. It's not just for fantasy enthusiasts, they're telling human stories in a fantasy world." It's one of the most talked about shows because it has so much going on in any given episode. Favorite characters are never safe and people love that unpredictable thrill.
On freepress.net it shows that HBO is owned by Time Warner Inc. It's not too surprising because I have always known that Time Warner is huge and owns a ton of networks. It is surprising that they own HBO along with websites like TMZ.com (which is cyber garbage) and magazines like People and InStyle (which are waste of paper). How can Time Warner have great shows on HBO and Cartoon Network and then go around and release trashy fake news on People and InStyle? I know it's all for the money, but can't they have some integrity with their products?
Hey Q!
ReplyDeleteI also tracked some of my favorite shows back to Time Warner, and I was also very shocked to see that they owned many of the tabloid magazines! It was also surprising that they own an array of shows on different networks ranging from cartoons to adult dramas! They are definitely reaching all age groups.